Biloxi, MS (PRWEB) August 6, 2010 – The Broadband Multimedia Marketing Association (BMMA), an international organization dedicated to advancing the adoption and use of broadband services, recently announced the details for its upcoming Fall Workshop — to be held in Madison, Wisconsin from September 16-17, 2010.
The BMMA Fall Workshop, which is being hosted by TDS Telecom, will include interactive discussions, presentations from broadband industry luminaries, and opportunities to network with professionals representing the telecommunications service provider and vendor communities. In addition, the latest results from the Semi-Annual BMMA Benchmarking Report will be shared.
The BMMA Benchmarking Report includes detailed information on DSL penetration rates, churn, and growth. The Benchmarking Report is unique in the industry because:
· It consists of data taken directly from the service provider companies’ reports and is provided by individuals with specific broadband responsibilities;
· Those who provide the information understand the data and are users of the report;
· A minimum of four companies’ data is provided for reported benchmarking; and
· Those compiling the aggregated industry report have served in service provider companies or have been working with this data for many years, allowing for a “normalization” process that provides better “apples to apples” comparisons.
Nominations for the BMMA Best in Class Marketing awards are now being accepted, with all submissions due by February 14, 2011. First introduced in 2008 to recognize individuals or teams that demonstrate innovation or excellence in marketing broadband services, a third category has been added to the two established categories which now include:
· Marketing Innovation: awarded to the service provider and vendor that best display leading edge product or service development, practice or operations;
· Marketing Excellence: awarded to the service provider and vendor that best display superiority in the field of marketing as it relates to execution (e.g., promotional activity, advertising, new product introduction, etc.); and
· Marketing Partnership (new for 2011): awarded to two or more members that have successfully implemented a marketing program to serve the needs of their mutual customers (e.g., what might be done with an equipment vendor and a service provider).
The BMMA also has exciting news for companies who have been considering membership in this unique organization. Potential members who complete a membership application by September 3 will receive one free registration for the upcoming Fall Workshop ($600 value). This will allow a company representative to meet face to face with peers in broadband services marketing and witness the value of the BMMA first hand. Normally, this event is exclusive to BMMA member companies and this offer is only available to the first five companies that complete a membership application.
Companies that join the BMMA in 2010 will benefit from pro-rated dues for their first year, gain access to our members-only industry reports and areas of the website, and get invited to monthly Hot Topic conference calls. Promotion details and a membership application form can be found at dev.bmma.us/membership.
Tags / Keywords
Broadband, telephone companies, telcos, service providers, broadband services, BMMA, broadband marketing, Fall Workshop, Best in Class marketing awards, marketing awards, membership promotion
BMMA member companies
2Wire, Actiontec Electronics, Afni, Inc., Alcatel-Lucent, AT&T, Bell Aliant, Bell Canada, Cincinnati Bell, Frontier Communications, GVTC, Harrisonville Telephone, Hawaiian Telcom, Hostopia, MTS Allstream, North State Communications, Netsweeper, Occam Networks, Research First Consulting, Inc., SaskTel, SureWest Communications, Synacor, TBayTel, TDS Telecom, teleNetwork, TELUS, and ZoneAlarm.